A unique and exciting opportunity for a Quality and Compliance Manager to join a world leading niche peristaltic pump and tubing manufacturer.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps and associated fluid path technologies. With over 50 years of experience supplying engineering and process expertise and over one million pumps supplied worldwide.
Watson Marlow Limited, based in Falmouth, is now looking to recruit a driven, confident and organised individual to lead as part of the Factory leadership Team.
Due to our continued expansion we are pleased to be looking to fill the newly created role of Quality and Compliance Manager.
Purpose of Role
Enhance, develop and deliver a best in class quality strategy and quality management system within a fast paced growing organisation.
More than traditional QA leadership this role also encompasses sector led regulatory compliance from Biopharm through to industrial products; and act as a key advisor and partner within the leadership team.
- To provide a single owner for total cost of quality and compliance, and co-ordinate activities which will maintain and continually improve the quality of company products and services
- To align WML factories with the increasing Biopharm and Medical Devices market sectors e.g. cGMP / ISO13485, and ensure compliance with company ISO standards in line with our customers’ requirements
- To manage quality assurance/control and compliance functions
- To provide advice and practical support as a member of a factory management team on WML quality management systems, product quality and compliance
- To collaborate with WMFTG Group Quality and Compliance teams and other key stakeholders on global alignment of quality/compliance objectives
- Ability to work within an international environment and undertake occasional travel, including between sites
- Ideally 3 years in a senior quality management / compliance role, ideally within Biopharm or Medical Devices sectors in multinational environment
- Proven experience in understanding and delivering solutions meeting the customer requirements to cGMP requirements, including change control
- Experience and practical understanding of BS EN ISO 14644-1 Class 7 requirements
- Effective management and development of current ISO9001 and ISO14000 quality management systems
- Experience in leading internal and external audits
- Proven experience of effectively implementing continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies, including problem solving, root cause analysis and CAPA.
- Proven ability in direct line/performance management and team development.
- Proven management of personal development of self, and keep your knowledge up to date
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI). Institute of Quality Management (IQM), or similar Quality qualifications
- Degree/HND level education (or equivalent)
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package plus a range of staff benefits including pension.
Closing date for all applications is 23 August 2019
Bickland Water Road
Additional enquiries (no agencies please):
Phone: 01326 254807