Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche positive displacement pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the food, pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental industries.
Comprising ten established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalled solutions for their pumping and fluid transfer applications. WMFTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spirax Sarco Engineering Plc, a FTSE 100 company.The opportunity exists at our Falmouth Factory to join us as an Operational Excellence Leader (GEM)
The opportunity exists at our Falmouth Factory to join us as Pumps Production (Quality) Engineer
The purpose of the role
This new role will improve the productivity of the Pumps Manufacturing facility on Falmouth. It will create an agile assembly system to meet the future demands of customers and enable the achievement of Excellence in Manufacturing within the Pump assembly area. This will achieve performance improvements and enable volume growth whilst setting the standard for existing and new product assembly cells.
Key Responsibilities amongst others will be
- Achieving Excellence in Manufacturing within the Pump assembly area by making performance improvements to enable volume growth whilst setting the standard for existing and new product assembly cells.
- Designing and implementing assembly shop layouts to optimise material flow and maximise efficiency.
- Design and arrange manufacture of assembly cells, production aids, test equipment, jigs & fixtures that may be required for new or existing products that can then be successfully introduced. Ensure that production processes deliver appropriate product quality, including resolving problems with existing components working closely with other departments as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- BEng or equivalent in mechanical/production engineering or equivalent – Essential
- Comprehensive portfolio of experience within a Manufacturing environment preferably assembly - Essential
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team - Essential
- Project Management of multiple projects - Essential
- Proficient in Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques - Essential
- Assembly Cell, Jig and Fixture design - Desirable
- Quality tool implementation and analysis - Essential
- Proven FMEA, DFMA and RCA experience - Essential
- 2D & 3D CAD - Essential
- Familiar with personal computers and competent using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and Minitab - Essential
- Financial skills to understand and use business financial data - Essential
What is it like to work at WMFTG?
Our Core Values are very important to us and Watson-Marlow is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity within the workplace. Watson-Marlow Limited also encourages woman to respond to build a better balance of men and women across the organization.
We offer a range of staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages and inclusive employment practices.
Applications should be made with a CV and covering letter to Vanessa Willitts, at Vanessa.Willitts@wmftg.com
For more information about the position please contact David Jones, on 01326 870321 Ext 321.