Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the pharmaceutical, industrial, and environmental industries. WMFTG is part Spirax Sarco Engineering PLC which is a FTSE 100 company.
An amazing opportunity for a Health and Safety (H&S) Manager to join a world leading niche peristaltic pump and tubing manufacturer.
Watson-Marlow Limited, based in Falmouth, is now looking to recruit a confident and organised individual to work within the Factory Management Team.
Due to our continued expansion we are pleased to be looking to fill the role of H&S Manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding and alignment with our core values
Purpose of Role
To ensure accreditation compliance to Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality for the Organisation. Plan the Health, Safety, and Environmental strategies and develop simple and effective procedures in line with legal and best practices. To provide advice and practical support as a member of a factory management team on WML H&S, Environmental and Facilities systems and compliance.
- To support delivery of the WMFTG and WML business strategies through implementation and development of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Policy in line with statutory regulations and the EHS strategy for employees, contractors and stakeholders
- To promote H&S best practices and improve the effectiveness of existing processes to optimise operations across WML Pumps and Tubing manufacturing sites and Group HQ in Falmouth
- To provide a single owner for H&S, environmental, Facilities data and related costings, and co-ordinate activities which will maintain and continually improve the H&S standards across the Falmouth sites
- To manage direct reports and H&S, Environmental and Facilities functions
- Ideally, three (3) years in a senior H&S position, preferably within a lean manufacturing and engineering environment, and with experience of Facilities management
- Track record of effective team management/development
- Effective communicator across a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience of effectively implementing continuous improvement in health and safety as well as environmental management
- Proven ability in direct line management and team development
- Proven management of personal development of self and of maintaining current knowledge base
- Experience in leading internal and external H&S and Environmental audits
- NEBOSH diploma or similar, relevant qualifications Ideally with WIFM (or similar)
- Facilities qualifications and/or experience with CDM regulations
- Degree/HND level education (or equivalent)
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package plus a range of staff benefits including pension.
Closing date for applications: 17th June 2019
To apply for this role please submit a completed application form to:
Bickland Water Road
Additional enquiries (no agencies please):
Phone: 01326 254807