Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche positive displacement pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the food, pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental industries. Comprising ten established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalled solutions for their pumping and fluid transfer applications. WMFTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spirax Sarco Engineering Plc, a FTSE 100 company.
An opportunity has arisen at our Falmouth Factory site for a Production Engineer. Based in both the Machineshop and Assembly areas, the primary role is to ensure that improvement projects are delivered within scope, specification, timeframe and budget and that new components and assemblies are integrated into the production processes seamlessly.
Main duties and responsibilities are:
- Introduction of new components into the Machine shop, creating CNC programs and documentation as required.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions, including ensuring relevant staff are trained effectively.
- Supporting GEM improvement projects in both Machine shop and Assembly using appropriate improvement tools and techniques such as SMED, 6S, RRCA etc.
- Resolve problems with existing components or assemblies working closely with other departments as required
- Successful introduction of new products into manufacturing at the Falmouth assembly facility and at our suppliers. Creating a Safe build and construction environment for development and production staff.
- Design and arrange manufacture of assembly aids, test equipment and assembly cells that may be required for new or existing products.
- Influence product designs to ensure efficient and reliable manufacture.
- Coordinate and support the transfer of in house manufacture/assembly to sub contract supply if required.
- Ensure that manufacture/assembly processes deliver appropriate product quality, experience of PPAP is desirable.
- Lean Manufacturing experience. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years manufacturing/production experience in a medium to high volume environment. You will probably have a HNC level qualification or equivalent manufacturing experience. They must show attention to detail and have a good working knowledge of Fanuc style CNC programming, MS Office, 3D Cad competency and a working knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques such as 6S, SMED, RRCA.
Closing date 21 June 2019.
To apply for this role please submit a completed application form to:
Bickland Water Road
Additional enquiries (no agencies please):
Phone: 01326 254807