Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps and associated fluid path technologies. With over 50 years of experience supplying engineering and process expertise and over one million pumps supplied worldwide.
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Machine Shop Manager to join a world leading niche peristaltic pump and tubing manufacturer.
Watson Marlow Limited, based in Falmouth, is now looking to recruit a driven, confident and organised individual with technical knowledge and skills to lead and develop our Machine Shop team.
Purpose of Role
Deploy and develop our manufacturing strategy to lead, enhance and develop all aspects of the Watson-Marlow Limited Machine shop, in order to ensure that all products are supplied efficiently, on time, in full and to the highest quality specification possible.
- Line management responsibilities for the machine shop production team for 20 + staff in a factory shipping to 70 countries on a daily basis on predominantly 2 day lead time on 70,000+ sales order lines annually.
- Develop and manage early careers (including apprentices).
- Manage & improve labour efficiency and material yield.
- Build proactive capability and cross skill staff to support future growth and new product introduction.
- Lead GEM (Global Excellence in Manufacturing) and EHS improvements within the Machine shop.
- Support and manage the transfer of New Product Development into production.
- Specification and justification of new equipment.
- Drive productivity improvement utilizing factory wiz and SMED
- Previous experience of working in or managing a machine shop ideally with programming skills (CAD/CAM)
- Lean manufacturing experience, ideally Green Belt, or above.
- Working within NEBOSH, COSHH or IOSH environment
- Extensive experience of 5 years of people management in a manufacturing environment
- Previous track record of implementing strategy, managing change would be preferable
- Experience of using ERP systems within a manufacturing environment, with experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX an advantage
- Project management experience
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
- Degree/HND level education (or equivalent) in an Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package plus a range of staff benefits including pension.
Closing date for all applications is 16 September 2019.
Bickland Water Road
Additional enquiries (no agencies please):
Phone: 01326 254807