BioPure Technology Ltd, a part of the Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group are looking for a professional IT Technician to provide clear and efficient technical support to their users. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be part of a rapidly growing Biopharm company with a global presence based in the UK. Given real world responsibilities from the start, you will need to have the confidence to solve problems logically and think for yourself, whilst remaining professional at all times.
As a keen listener, unafraid of rapid change, you will be the first port of call for troubleshooting IT problems. You must be able to prioritise your work and keep calm when things don’t go as planned. You will be highly motivated to find solutions to problems and have the patience to see them through to completion.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Responding and following up IT Helpdesk requests via email, phone & in person
- Offering at desk or remote IT assistance for PCs, tablets mobile phones & printers
- Installing computer software, hardware, setting up new users and PCS and diagnosing software errors
- Writing up user training documents for new and existing solutions to build a Training Library
- Supporting common IT issues including Email, Printing, Phones, Microsoft Office and software patching
- Supporting Microsoft Dynamics Queries
- Helping to Implement Paper free solutions & maintaining accurate documentation
- Ensuring Electrical safety standards are met
- Performing regular maintenance on PC stock (Virus scanners, updates etc)
- Performing Software & Hardware Benchmarking to ensure licence compliance, and adherence to Group Policies
We need you to have…
- Brilliant understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite Including: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, OneDrive, Skype for Business & Office 365
- Good knowledge of computer hardware & software systems
- Understanding of basic IT networking concepts
- Solid understanding of peripherals including webcams, speakers, TVs, printers, scanners, phones
- Remarkable attention to detail and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 1 year+ work/education experience involved within IT
We’d love you to have….
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics & SharePoint Online
- Basic Understanding of Windows Server 2012+ & Microsoft Hyper V
- Power BI experience
- Experience of Cloud Phone
- Scripting experience
As BioPure has just launched a project to build a brand new manufacturing facility in the area, experience of managing site moves would be desirable.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package including pension, sickness benefits and career development prospects.
Applications should be made with a CV and covering letter to Chloe Johnson-Jones, Chloe.Johnsonemail@example.com
So what is it like to work at WMFTG?
Our Core Values are very important to us and Watson-Marlow is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity within the workplace. We offer a range of staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements and inclusive employment practices.
Closing date of 12th October 2020