Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world's leading manufacturer of niche peristaltic pumps, radial diaphragm valves, and fluid path solutions servicing customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as pharmaceutical, water treatment, food and beverage, and mining. A subsidiary of the Spirax-Sarco Engineering Group (LSE: SPX), WMFTG operates eight world class factories located in Europe and two in the USA. We trade throughout the world primarily through wholly owned subsidiary direct sales companies operating in the major economies around the globe and through direct sales and manufacturers reps domestically
The hiring company is our USA aseptic valve design and manufacturing company, ASEPCO, located in Milpitas, CA. ASEPCO is the world leader in specialty niche weirless radial diaphragm valves for the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industry. ASEPCO is seeking a detail oriented Quality and Test Associate to join our Engineering team.
Main Purpose of Role
The Quality & Test associate is a staff level position with responsibility to work with high attention to detail on inspection of production parts and assemblies and engineering testing. This position will be responsible for testing of the products in the R&D lab while ensuring safety protocols are maintained at all times, working with engineers to execute and document engineering tests, executing inspection plans according to engineering drawings and specifications, maintain QC and test documentation, calibrate measurement instruments, and inspect parts before accepting those in inventory.
- Work closely with engineering team to develop and conduct testing ensuring all test procedures and safety protocols are followed.
- Document and maintain results and prepare reports for engineering tests.
- Assemble, disassemble products as and when required and provide feedback to engineering on recommended process improvements.
- Test products with water, air, steam systems including occasional testing with diluted acid/alkali systems.
- Maintain and ensure proper accounting of test parts, R&D inventory and lab equipment.
- Prepare, assemble and maintain lab set up and equipment with assistance and guidance from engineering team.
- Execute inspection plans for all production and R&D parts.
- Maintain all instruments used in inspection in a well-organized manner and in working conditions at all the times.
- Calibrate all inspection tools in-house with help from professional services (as needed) for certain instruments to maintain them current.
- Conduct visual inspection, as well as assisted inspection on parts as defined in the procedure and requirement.
- Write deviation requests for non-conforming parts.
- Support other ASEPCO personnel, technicians to meet project milestones.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to increase efficiency of the processes to meet production demands.
- Participate in inspection of parts at vendor’s location as necessary.
- Support new product development projects with quality control inspector function.
- Follow procedures related to Quality inspection and Quality control.
- Maintain inspection documents and logs related to manufactured components.
- Maintain calibration record of all callipers, micro-meters, gauges, instruments and measurement tools.
- Record information related to inspection in MRP software as defined by internal procedures.
Certifications and training
- Maintain examiner certification according to industry standards and requirements.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrated experience in quality control and inspection or technician/assembler role in manufacturing unit.
- 3+ years’ Quality Control/Product Testing related experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of measurement techniques and instruments.
- 3+ years’ experience related to various manufacturing techniques and practices.
- Ability to interpret standards, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Analytical and technical writing skills.
- Experience with process components used in Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Knowledge of Welding, fabrication and inspection methods.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts (6S, TPM, etc)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (ASME BPE, USP VI, FDA, PED (EU), cGMP, BPOG) is a significant plus.
Physical and language demands
- Working conditions are in warehouse/assembly/lab environment with regular use of measurement instruments, mechanical tools for assembly, disassembly, testing environment having steam systems, boilers, compressed air, diluted acid, alkali..
- Handle mostly rubber, plastic and stainless steel components. At a times handling the chemical containers is involved while refilling experimental set up, storing chemicals.
- Handle mechanical, pneumatic, and electrically operated parts and equipment frequently.
- Phone and computer, for email and communication media
- Able to lift up to 50 lb occasionally.
- Testing equipment may change as per the requirements of testing, not all testing scenarios are mentioned.
Candidate must be able to travel on occasion to assess and visit vendors.
Please send inquiries and resumes to email@example.com