Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche positive displacement pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the food, pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental industries. Comprising ten established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalled solutions for their pumping and fluid transfer applications. WMFTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spirax Sarco Engineering Plc, a FTSE 100 company.
An amazing opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor to join a world leading niche peristaltic pump and tubing manufacturer.
Watson Marlow Limited, based in Falmouth, is now looking to recruit a confident and organised individual to work within a proactive Environmental, Health and Safety team.
Due to our continued expansion we are pleased to be looking to fill the role of EHS Advisor.
Purpose of Role
To work as a member of the EHS team, providing EHS support as required throughout the business with a focus in continued improvement and driving of group and statutory compliance. To provide EHS support within all areas of the business and provide advice and support to senior / department managers and operatives.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring effective EHS & Q Management Systems
- Maintain knowledge of current legislative, statutory and sector EHS requirements
- Raise awareness and promote the corporate EHS culture and EHS objectives
- Provide advice and support to senior / department managers and operatives
- Review incidents, identify corrective / preventive actions and ensure adequacy of the close out.
- Facilitate the collection, monitoring and reporting of EHS statistics and internal reporting.
- Support line management to investigate incidents and where directed undertake the investigation / lead the investigation team.
- Verify and maintain compliance with internal and external EHS requirements.
- Support management teams with the development/review of supporting EHS documentation.
- Develop and deliver EHS training / awareness courses.
- Provide support in the development of EHS Management system including, safe systems of work, procedures, risk assessments and completion of task / process risk analysis (HAZID, HIRA, FEMA) etc.
- Support and provide EHS guidance to facilities team and on-site projects.
- Undertake active occupational monitoring i.e. noise, vibration, COSHH etc. within the workplace.
- Carry out site/workshops inspections and compliance audits and monitor the closeout of non-conformances.
- Monitor energy, waste data and maintain environmental records.
- Support the Quality Manager in verification and maintenance of the Quality management systems.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in an EHS Advisors role with proven skills and experience within a manufacturing environment, facilities management and/or construction sector, having strong knowledge and experience in CDM.
- Have an excellent understanding of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001) and ISO 14001 and prove experiences in the undertaking of site and process EHS & Q Auditing and inspection.
- Excellent communicator and able to build effective working relationships at all levels throughout Watson Marlow, with our clients and external authorities.
- Provide reliable advice, guidance and assistance to facility based teams, including senior and line management and influence all key stakeholders.
- Able to challenge poor practice and recommend cost effective solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Publisher)
- Experience of cGMP or Medical device quality system requirements is not essential but would be seen as a benefit.
Professional H&S qualifications, a Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards Chartered status and preferably with a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
Professional Environmental qualifications, AIEMA or working towards.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package plus a range of staff benefits including pension. There’s a potential need for the successful candidate to travel (national & internationally) so a willingness to travel if required, have a passport and hold a clean driving license.
Please visit our website for further information and before applying to learn more about us and our products. https://www.watson-marlow.com/gb-en/about/
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact the Watson Marlow Ltd EHS Manager, Steve Dadd on 07867375103.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV and covering letter to Victoria.email@example.com with ‘WML – EHS Advisor Vacancy’ in the subject header.
Closing date for all applications 15 November 2019