This new role presents a fantastic opportunity to join the Global Business Development team at Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group, which is part of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, a FTSE 100 company.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is an award-winning, global engineering company and for over 60 years has manufactured components and systems for a range of industries. We have 1,600 employees and have a presence in over 60 countries.
Reporting to the Global Business Development Manager and supported by the wider UK head office based Global Business Development team, you will be responsible for designing and leading new business development campaigns and creating leads in target market sector segments such as Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines.
To achieve strategic objectives you will collaborate with regional tactical business development and our direct sales teams to ensure value-add product solutions and support services are fully aligned to customer requirements.
Additionally you will manage global key accounts, cultivate strategic alliances, new market channels and identify potential new acquisitions.
The remit for this role is global, collaborating with tactical business development managers and direct sales in a matrix organizational structure. Working out of the UK, US or Europe is acceptable to deliver this role as global travel is a fundamental aspect of achieving successful outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Life Science or Biochemistry BSc or equivalent.
- Experience in clinical and commercial scale cell therapy, upstream and downstream bioprocess manufacturing steps, fill finish and bioprocess equipment design and validation in single use, hybrid and fixed systems.
- Proven track record of strategic business development and key account management.
- Ability to identify and convert new business opportunities within target market segments.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate whilst building relationships with customer representatives at a decision making management level.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proven ability of working to competing priorities in a dynamic growing organization.
This position requires regular travel and so the successful candidate must have a driving licence and current passport to be able to travel internationally. The position comes with a highly competitive remuneration including car allowance, pension, home office IT support and excellent career development prospects.
Applications should be made with a CV and covering letter to Vanessa Willitts, at Vanessa.Willitts@wmftg.com
For more information about the position please contact Rob Mead on Rob.Mead@wmftg.com or +44 (0) 1326 370 213.
So what is it like to work at WMFTG?
Our Core Values are very important to us and Watson-Marlow is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity within the workplace. We offer a range of staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements and inclusive employment practices.
Closing date of 27th January.