A rare and exciting opportunity for an Exhibition Graphic Designer/Graphic Designer to join the marketing department at Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) has become available. We are recognised world leaders in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps and associated fluid path technologies. Based in an architecturally designed office space overlooking the vibrant harbour side town of Falmouth in Cornwall, we operate globally, serving customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as biopharmaceutical, environmental, industrial and food and beverage.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, versatile graphic designer with excellent communication skills to join our established marketing team as it enters a new digital, design and exhibition generation. This key role will see you producing large scale exhibition/events graphics for our busy, international exhibitions/events schedule. The successful candidate will focus on supporting the regional managers in producing eye-catching graphics that drive Group brand style and realise the vision of the Studio Manager and Sector Marketing Coordinators. The role is expected to involve 60-80% exhibition graphics work, with any remaining time spent producing other graphic material required from Group Marketing.
It is expected that the main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Produce high quality, accurate wall graphics that show an understanding of WMFTG products, brands and the vision of the Sector Marketing Coordinators and Studio Manager.
- Contribute ideas to the overall stand design and how the graphics will fit in with product displays and the overall stand aesthetic.
- Be able to produce displays that drive the WMFTG group style and brand values.
- Work closely with global teams to provide the graphic support they need to ensure their shows are visually appealing and successful.
- Provide creative input into developing future exhibition graphics that move forward with the company vision and tie in effectively with other Group promotional material.
- Produce supporting exhibition material such as banners, posters, digital graphics and other collateral required.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager and Sector Marketing Coordinators to visualise a range of ideas for each show.
- Support the Studio Manager and other members of the Marketing team in graphic requirements.
- Produce and graphics and provide creative input in the development of new marketing collateral (brochures, illustrations, flyers, roll-up banners, logos)
- Manage the preparation of finished marketing materials ready for print, online (pdf) and translation into other languages
Skills and experience
- Educated to degree level in Graphic Design or similar relevant field, or be able to demonstrate vast experience of producing high quality graphic design, including exhibition design work (Essential)
- Experience in producing large scale exhibition/events/museum graphics (Essential)
- General graphic design experience. Comfortable getting files print ready (Essential)
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) (Essential)
- Experience of working with third party suppliers such as stand builders, sign makers and printers
- Proven attention to detail and a thorough approach to work
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team and meet deadlines and targets.
- A focused, hardworking and energetic personality
- Experience of working with multi-national teams would be an advantage
The role is based at the Watson-Marlow Group offices in Falmouth, but may require travel to exhibitions and other Watson-Marlow sites.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please note internal applicants must inform their current manager that they intend to apply. Please note all internal applicants must inform their current manager that they intend to apply.
Bickland Water Road
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 1st October 2019