Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies for the food, pharmaceutical, chemical and environmental industries. WMFTG comprises ten established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalled solutions for their pumping applications.
Watson-Marlow Incorporated, based in Wilmington, US, is now looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the HR Team. Working alongside management teams and Group HR Help, you will be responsible for the recruitment, development, retention and engagement of staff. You will also have a direct HR report that you will be responsible for.
To be successful you will have strong, demonstrable, generalist HR skills and experience. Highly motivated, resilient and a self-starter, you will be skilled in building relationships in order to engage with staff and have the ability to sensitively challenge and influence behaviours to bring about cultural change. An approachable team player with drive, resilience and an appetite for continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To effectively manage the strategy and execution of full cycle recruitment to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- To develop, implement and maintain talent management and retention plans.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel;
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Prepare and maintain the employee handbook; and
- Prepare and maintain the policies and procedures manual.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyse data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate the employee survey to gauge engagement, lead the employee focus group and drive continuous improvement results.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ownership of Compensation Strategy & Payroll processing.
- In conjunction with the Company’s Group HR Help Team, provide advice and support to managers in connection with all employee matters, such as sickness, performance, disciplinary and grievances.
- To engage with all parts of the business to effectively implement and embed the Company values to bring about cultural change.
The right candidate should have:
The right candidate will be will be a highly organised and resilient individual looking to work within a fast-paced and best-practice generalist HR team. You will be able to demonstrate accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results. Able to use personal initiative to work collaboratively as one team amongst a “can do” approach that thrives in a continuous improvement culture. You'll be a key point of contact in working with senior management, therefore, strong stakeholder relationship building will be important within this role. In addition you will have:
- Five years Human resource experience
- The ability to influence and engage cultural change amongst employees
- Strong commercial awareness with an appreciation of operational functions
- Strong attention to detail and able to meet tight deadlines without compromising accuracy
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent
- Proven experience of working with HR systems and payroll; competent with spreadsheets and Microsoft packages.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package plus a range of staff benefits including pension.
Closing date for applications: 6 June 2019
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your application in writing to HRHelp@wmftg.com with ‘WMFTG – HR GENERALIST VACANCY’ in the subject header.