Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world's leading manufacturer of niche peristaltic pumps, radial diaphragm valves, and fluid path solutions servicing customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as pharmaceutical, water treatment, food and beverage, and mining. A subsidiary of the Spirax-Sarco Engineering Group (LSE: SPX), WMFTG operates eight world class factories located in Europe and two in the USA. Our aseptic valve design and manufacturing company, Asepco, is the world leader in specialty niche weirless radial diaphragm valves for the bio-pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industry. Asepco is seeking an innovative, process-oriented Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Mechanical Engineer is a staff level position with responsibility to provide technical and conceptual design expertise to the development of new products as well as improvements to existing products with high attention to detail. This position will be responsible for determining design approach, theoretical analysis, preparing CAD drawing, prototyping, and testing and verification of new designs as well as supporting other departments in new product introduction to global market.
- Responsible for performing mechanical engineering research, design, development, modification, and evaluation of valves, mixers and associated systems using engineering fundamentals, FEA and CFD techniques and group New Product Development process.
- Responsible for generating and/or coordinating design layout and drafting activities and verifying accuracy of project documentation.
- Participate and conduct design reviews.
- Intensive product validation and assembly shop activity required to verify theoretical design concepts.
- Design fixtures and jigs for lab and manufacturing needs and conduct independent experiments or tests required for design validation.
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners and suppliers for design implementation.
- Analyze test results and provide documented recommendations.
- Support manufacturing design implementation for new products and existing product modifications, including training and assembly line personnel training.
- Support cross functional teams during new product launch.
- Support other Asepco personnel, technicians, to meet project milestones.
- Follow Group NPD process for new product design and development.
- Create, write, implement, and modify engineering specifications and procedures for various processes and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3+ years’ design engineering experience required
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM software or similar 3D CAD software.
- Min 1 years’ experience of thermal and structural FEA software.
- Min 1 years’ experience with commercial CFD software.
- Experience and emphasis on system level understanding of equipment design.
- Experience working in manufacturing set up.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and engineering design practices, welding methods, basic metallurgy.
- Thorough Understanding of Product life Cycle.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (ASME BPE, USP VI, FDA, PED (EU), cGMP, BPOG) is a significant plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Proven experience in implementing processes in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Experience in rubber technology, polymers, and plastics.
- Expertise/familiarity with rubber molding technology, injection molding, compression molding, plastic manufacturing.
- Familiarity with clean-room manufacturing practices.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Welding, fabrication and inspection methods as well as BPVC.
- Proficiency in LabVIEW Programming.
- Experience working with laboratory test set ups.
- Experience working with vendors and machining shops.
- Understanding of P&ID.
A strong benefits package is offered including medical, dental, employer sponsored life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, retirement plan, business travel accident insurance, and long term/short term disability coverage. We also offer a variety of optional insurance options. Ten (10) annual company paid holidays and ten (10) paid vacation days, with vacation allowance increasing with time served.
Please send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org