Main Purpose of Role
The Mechanical Engineer-Sustaining/Production is a staff level position with responsibility to work with high attention to detail on engineering assignments related to product maintenance. This position will be responsible for determining design feasibility, valve configurations, preparing CAD drawing, Bill of Materials and manufacturing routers, and technical communication with supplier related defects, deviation approvals, supporting cross functional departments for order execution.
- Determine design feasibility, create configuration of valve block assemblies.
- Primary focus is on sustaining engineering related project assignments.
- Responsible for creating, checking design configurations, production drawings, General Assembly drawings, drafting activities.
- Work closely with other team members to execute ECO (Engineering Change Orders).
- Ensure compliance to various Industry standards and codes.
- Participate, conduct and document design reviews for engineering change.
- Create, check and implement design changes in configuration and components per department procedures and established guidelines.
- Create, check and release drawings, ECOs, bill of materials, routers for production.
- Update engineering specifications and procedures as needed.
- Assist in design of jigs and fixtures for assembly and/or performance testing.
- Create, maintain, and release manufacturing/process routers.
- Create, maintain and release engineering quality inspection plan in collaboration with QA department and within guidelines published in Industry standard.
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing, manufacturing partners and suppliers for engineering change implementation and address challenges faced in manufacturing.
- Provide engineering disposition for deviations resulting from manufacturing methods and/or process related inaccuracies.
- Provide manufacturing related feedback from vendors to new product engineering team to
Improve cost position.
- Maintain department KPI related to sustaining engineering work as necessary.
- Support other Asepco personnel, technicians to meet project milestones.
- Continuously improve the processes and their efficiency to meet market demands without compromising on quality of product.
- Participate in tooling inspection, vendor audits as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining engineering test lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 1+ years’ design engineering experience required.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM software or similar 3D CAD software.
- 1+ years’ experience related to various manufacturing techniques and practices.
- 1+ years’ experience in creating process routers, production mapping.
- 1+ years’ experience of working with local and global vendors.
- Knowledge of engineering design practices such as design for manufacturability principles, basic metallurgy, and inspection methods.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once with high attention to detail.
- Proven experience in implementing processes in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to resolve problems faced during manufacturing or design independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained related to product design and manufacturing
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of Welding, fabrication and inspection methods as well as BPVC.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (ASME BPE, USP VI, FDA, PED (EU), cGMP, BPOG) is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with rubber molding technology, injection molding, compression molding, plastic manufacturing.
- Familiarity with cleanroom manufacturing practices.
- Project management experience.
- Understanding of P&ID.
Physical and language demands
Working conditions are in an office and warehouse/assembly environment with regular use of phone and computer for email and communication media.
Candidate must be able to travel on occasion to assess and visit customers, vendors and other Watson-Marlow group companies as required.
Send resumes to Kaustubh Dharwadkar